Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Orange You Glad to See Me

(My title pays homage to OPI Nail Colors.) It was a tough cutting day today, time consuming.  Found a couple errors.  Will probably be more but I might get lucky.  The aqua ink was still a little tacky but I was anxious to put down another color after all that cutting.  It may not look like much, but there is a lot to line up...it will make more sense at the end.
I mixed my color a bit differently from yesterday's four test strips.  I used orange, a little Miracle Gel and a bit of burnt umber.  All the inks I have used on this print have been oil-based relief ink from Daniel Smith.
The next cut will be easier, the sea horse body.  But I need to wait till the ink dries; even with cobalt drier it will probably take a couple days.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.