So with the stencil on the right I printed 3 backgrounds of a solid yellow/green. When that dried I mixed up a darker green and put the stencil down arcing from bottom left to to top right. For fun I pulled a 4th print of the stencil and the yellow/green over a plain white paper.
When those dried I reversed the stencil putting it on the right side and tried to mix a transparent blue/green. But my first two efforts were not transparent enough and covered the first stencil more than I wanted. So I kept adding more transparent base until I got to this point on the last two:
Not satisfied but that's what I had to work with. After the first Saturday class, I decided to print with a stencil I had used for diffused relief on these two prints.
I mixed up a very transparent (finally) blue and printed them both today. I was very happy with the result. I am not sure these are the final versions of these prints but so far so good.
As always I want to thank Nieves Manje and Jeremy Yocum for all their help and expertise. The size of these images are 25" x 17.5".