Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reduction Lino Color 3


I finished color 3 on the Under the Radar print Monday.  I think you catch the drift of the image now.  This print will always remind me of that summer day spent in the pool with Susan and Lilly.  I was very interested in the mother/daughter dynamic and hoped for images that demonstrated that connection.  I got lots of material and had so much fun just being in the water with those two.  Two more colors to go.


Tonight I finished color 3 on the Naughty, Taboo, Just Plain Wrong print.  The concept for this print took me a long time to develop.  I loved the subject of the Print Exchange.  Maybe that was why it took me so long to decide on my image.  I have two more colors to print and a solarplate to etch, print and collage onto this print.  And it needs to be in Reno by December 1st.  I have two fans on the prints now, hoping they will dry in 3 days.  Cross your fingers for me.  I haven't missed a deadline yet.  But I'm cutting it close with this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! I love your art, especially about underwater people, snorkeling and free diving, very sensual to glide underwater free of weight and away from noise. Do you freedive a bit too? Have a nice day! Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Wendy.... they're looking GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter,
    I am afraid I am a little too buoyant to free dive. I tried to follow a turtle in Hawaii and I just popped right back up. It was a wonderful experience anyway!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,
    you gave it a try, and next time you will make it: use the weight of your legs and fins to force you down vertically, they call it jack-knife-dive. Meanwhile, could be a nice idea for another special art work!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.