Monday, January 30, 2012

Change Afoot and Two Shows Opening in February!

 The year is starting out on surprisingly positive footings so far.  A few days ago we signed to put our house on the market.  It is time for us to downsize.  I was encouraged by what the realtors we interviewed said about our chances.  So big changes are coming on the home front and also on the art front as well.  Marlys will be moving into the studio house so I need to vacate my space there.  While it is really sad to think that we won't be together in that great space anymore, I am holding all good thoughts that I will end up where I need to be.

Manny Burruel, Artist

Diana Hartley, Artist
Rossitza Todorova, Artist
On the excellent start front, I have two shows opening this month.  A LITTLE RELIEF opens Friday at Copper Star Coffee.  It was the exhibition Marlys and I conceived and took to Flagstaff last September.  We held it over to show Phoenix.  This invitational show features reduction linocuts, by artists from Arizona, California and Nevada.  These great little works of art are priced the same, unframed at $100 and framed at $140.  The opening reception is from 6-9 Friday, Feb 3rd.  Come by for a cup of coffee and some truly original works of art.

Susan Hartenhoff, Artist

The second exhibition, at the Shemer Art Center is a Statewide Juried Print Competition.  The print I just completed, "Sunbather", was accepted into this show, which made me very happy!  The artist reception is Tuesday, Feb 14th from 7 to 9 pm.  Bring your sweetie by to see some excellent printmaking by Arizona artists.  See the sidebar for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.