Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last Supper/Color6/SB1070

We said goodbye to our Chinese kids this morning at the airport.  Marlys' older girl kept turning around and waving goodbye as their leader took them away.  Everyone was exhausted after swimming last night and their favorite dinner - Cincinnati Chili!  I grew up on Skyline Chili and buy the packets of seasoning mix to indulge my chili addiction.  Who knew the kids would like it over all the other meals they enjoyed?  But 3 out of 4 had second helpings. 
After we dropped them off at 7:45am I went home and took a two hour nap then went back to the studio to print my 6th color on my current reduction linocut.  The little fish is starting to come out more and more.  Two or three more colors.  I was happy to learn my deadline in Reno has been extended two weeks.  I now feel the luxury of time and in our new expanded studio space, life is good!

ANOTHER SB1070 ARTIST RECEPTION
Marlys and Joan Thompson and I are going to the next "SB1070 - An Artist's Point of View" exhibition reception tomorrow night at the Arizona Latino Arts and Culture Center.  After all the events of today, it should get a big turnout.  It is from 6 to 9 pm at 147 E. Adams in downtown Phoenix.  Come by and check out our art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.