Saturday, April 17, 2010

In the Studio

I have been working in the studio everyday the past week.  I have a print exchange due May 1st.  It is titled "From All Directions" and the paper size is to be 8" x 20".   After I finished my taxes last week I started to concentrate on finalizing my concept.  Then I started drawing and cutting stencils and more drawing.  I tore my paper, I transferred my image to linoleum.  But I still wasn't sure what my final image would be.  Normally I do reduction linocuts and once I am at the drawing stage, it is pretty much decided.  But I am trying something different.  I am trying to show depth of field using uncut linoleum as a monotype plate and cut linoleum.  Here's a peek at my first effort.  I don't like the white line around the figure so I pulled a ghost and like that better.  So for the past few days I have been playing with the lightness and darkness of the background and the figure/fish.  Yesterday I carved the linoleum.  I think I have hit on my layout and my process.  I will be printing in 3 pulls.  Tomorrow I will still work out the colors.  I am happy with greys and dark blues but I want to see what it will look like with noticeable blues.  And maybe greens.  Such a dilemma.

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.