Friday, January 22, 2010

A Monotype Kind of Day



Hurray!  I happily spent an afternoon in the studio playing with monotypes.  I had spent the better part of two days in the studio bouncing from idea to idea, the result of having made a 2010 To Do list.  So much I want to do, so many ideas that need to come forth and work their way through the birthing process.  In reading other artist blogs, I see I am not alone.  Maybe it is the time of year.  Maybe it is the unusual Arizona rain.  So to clear my head, I just played with the AKUA ink and learned more about Transparent Base.  In the first pass of this print to the right, I added the figure in one color, wiped out a little white areas and painted in the trunks and the rolled out the ultramarine blue on the right.  Then I cleaned the plate and rolled out the entire plate with Phthalo blue w/white and lots of transparent base.  I wiped out the light areas on the body and printed it again.  For the third pull, I rolled out ultramarine blue again with transparent base and printed it over the body and the rest of the right side.  I wiped the light and middle tones on the body which created the darkest shade on the figure.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  I've called it "Plunge" and it is 10" x 10."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.