Thursday, January 14, 2010

Catching Up

WINTER RENEWAL
The New Year is often a time of reflection and I have been enjoying an unhurried look back in trying to decide what goals I want to set for myself this coming year.   I have always been a listmaker but don't always think of a whole year when planning what I want to do.  My painter/printmaker sister and my printmaker/studiomate are both teachers and have been working on what they want to accomplish during the next semester. Talking to them about their plans and ideas has gotten me working on my own life syllabus.  I am excited about some of the projects I plan to work on this year and hope you will enjoy seeing them reveal themselves over time.  For now I am in the hunter/gatherer stage of pulling together bits and pieces that will find their way into my art.  Sometimes it feels like nothing is being accomplished but this part of the process is necessary to the creative effort. 

SATURDAY JANUARY 16TH AT ANOTHER GALLERY

I am staffing the gallery Saturday from 10 to 4.  Kimberly Harris will be by to work some ceramics wonders in the back room.  Stop in see what's new!  Bring a friend.  It's a great space and it has some wonderful works to inspire us all.  I was able to show off the gallery to my sister who was visiting from Napa Valley last week and today to an old friend from Albuquerque.  I would happy to share it with you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.