Friday, December 4, 2009

The Grand Opening


FRIDAY NIGHT
 Larry and Lesa sure know how to throw an Opening Night party!  The gallery looked fabulous.  I had taken my work in three weeks ago and hadn't really seen the other artists' work.  So it was great to see the place all decked out and full of art!  It was also nice to meet the other artists.  Larry, the gallery owner, has lined up 3 established and 3 emerging artists.

I am in the latter group.   I changed out 4 prints at 4:30 this afternoon so that I could show my last 4 reduction linocuts.  I am displaying the 7 pieces shown here and two others.  Unframed prints are available of the reduction linocuts shown framed.

SCOTT STOVALL

Really nice guy and intriquing images on glass.  Lots of people were asking him questions.  If you too want to learn more about his process, come on by Saturday.

KIMBERLY HARRIS

A guy commented to me that if he had one of her sculptures at home, it would make him smile everyday.  Isn't it wonderful when someone connects to art this way?  I had never met Kimberly before but learned tonight we had friends in common.  The world gets smaller everyday.  Here is photo of her works on paper.



MICHAEL ANDERSON, GREG WEST 
and MARK MCDOWELL


The established artists were all in attendance tonight.  Steve especially loved Michael's sculptures.  I enjoyed Mark talk about how much he loves printmaking even though he paints most often.  He had a couple of etchings there tonight.  I hope he always offers some of his prints.  Us printmakers have to stick together!  I wish Greg West had paintings to offer at the gallery because they are so beautiful.  It seems though that his giclees are what can be seen here.



In this photo you see a Greg West giclee with a Kimberly Harris sculpture on the pedestal in front of it.  The other work is by Mark McDowell.













I want to thank my friends and collectors who stopped by tonight.  It was a special night for me and I appreciate your support and encouragement.


I will be there tomorrow, Saturday Dec 5th from 10 am to 6 pm.   I hope those who didn't make it tonight will stop in.  There is plenty of parking and food and beverages will be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.