Sunday, October 25, 2009

Art Works and Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. I am starting this blog to talk about printmaking, and to share some of the cool sites and stories I find along the way. But primarily I want to share my printmaking journey.

I cruised through Facebook yesterday and found a link from Helen Wilson, a wonderful California artist, to a blogpost about the new head of the NEA. I was so impressed by the article that I have to share it with other artists: http://www.arts.gov/artworks/

It has made me feel hopeful and encouraged so it feels right to begin this blog with this post.

REDUCTION LINOCUTS



I am starting two new reduction linocuts and plan to document my process. This is the exciting part, after the idea is born and worked and reworked, drawn and redrawn...I am ready to cut the linoleum and print the first color. The first piece will have 6 colors and will be 10 x 8 inches.
The second piece is for a print exchange "Naughty, Taboo, Just Plain Wrong" which will have 5 colors in the reduction at 7.5 x 14 inches with a photopolymer etching collaged for an overall 11 x 14 print.


I am new to blogging so I welcome your feedback.

3 comments:

  1. This is excellent Wendy! I look forward to seeing more. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....Quite an undertaking. I admire your ability to focus on the process and share it with us. I am always open to observing "the Process" to glean new ways to do things. You are thoughtful to share.
    Rebecca D. info@rebeccadant.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I'll try not to mess up your postings this time, but still want to say that your work makes me think, feel, then grin. It always touches me.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!

You do not have to be logged in to any system to leave a comment, though you may log in to any of the listed accounts if you have one. If you don't, please choose Name/URL (URL not required) or Anonymous.

All comments are moderated and must be approved before they appear.